This article will help to apply for fema disaster assistance application After Hurricane Ian. check the eligibility criteria, how to check status and more.
All Florida residents in the 13 counties that were affected by Hurricane Ian can apply for FEMA disaster assistance. Applications for FEMA assistance have begun after Hurricane Ian. Here in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardy, Hillsboro, Lee, Manatee, Pinellas, and Sarasota counties, Florida homeowners and renters who were affected by Hurricane Ian may be able to apply for FEMA disaster assistance.
All eligible survivors can apply for a FEMA disaster assistance application at www.disasterassistance.gov from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., call 800-621-3362, or through the FEMA mobile app.
However, if you use a relay service such as Video Relay Service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, give the number to FEMA for that service.
Who is eligible?
When applying for the FEMA disaster assistance application, make sure you have the following information available:
- A currently active phone number where you can be contacted.
- Your address at the time of the disaster and the address where you are currently living.
- You must have a social security number.
- A general list of damages and losses
- Banking information is also required if you choose direct deposit.
- If insured, provide the policy number or name of the agent and/or company.
Those who apply may be eligible to receive assistance for uninsured and underinsured damage and losses caused by Hurricane Ian. Those who have landlord, renters or flood insurance should file a claim as soon as possible to take advantage of it.
FEMA cannot copy benefits for damage covered by insurance. Property damage caused by wind is usually covered under standard policies for homeowners, renters, and businesses. However, if your policy does not cover all of your disaster expenses, you may be eligible for federal assistance.
FEMA Assistance Application Requirements
Some FEMA Disaster Assistance Application requirements are required to apply.
- Personal Details
- Active current phone number
- Your address at the time of the disaster and where you are staying now
- Household income
- Social Security number
- A list of damages and losses
- Banking information (if you choose direct deposit)
- The policy number and name of your agent if you have available the insurance
- An email address ( to review your registration status online)
- Photos and videos documenting the loss
- You need to Keep receipts for all purchases related to cleaning and repairs.
Note that: Disaster assistance can include temporary housing and home repairs as well as financial assistance for damage or other expenses caused by the disaster.
How to Apply for FEMA Assistance After Hurricane Ian?
There are 3 ways to apply for FEMA disaster assistance: online, by phone, and by FEMA mobile App. Follow the given steps:
Fema Application Online:
1. Go to www.disasterassistance.gov.
2. Then click on the Apply Now button.
3. Fill in the Image Captcha and click the Submit button.
4. Read the instructions and click on the “Start” button.
5. Now read the registration instructions and click on the next button.
6. Accept the Privacy Act Statement and Declaration.
7. Go to the Identification Section Explanation by clicking Next.
8. Enter Personal Identification like:
- Applicant First Name
- Applicant MI
- Applicant Last Name
- Applicant Social Security Number
- Date of Birth: MM/DD/YYYY
- Email Address
8. Select your Language.
9. Fill out the Other Needs.
10. Give your Phone Numbers and Address.
11. Then, County / Parish / Municipio.
12. Then Press to Register/Submit Button.
You can call the Fema Helpline at 1-800-621-3362 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. ET.
By Fema App
You can download the FEMA mobile app, register or log in to your account, and complete the application with all the required details.
How to check FEMA application Status?
To check the status of your application online, you need to have an account. If you are a first-time user, please use the temporary PIN FEMA sent to you by email to reset your password or PIN.
To check the status of the FEMA disaster assistance application You should follow the steps below.
- Go to the official website: https://www.disasterassistance.gov/
- Then click on the Check status button.
- Enter your user ID, password, and PIN.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- You will see your status on the screen.
FEMA customer service
If you are having trouble applying for the FEMA Assistance Application or checking the status, please contact Customer Service.
711 or VRS 1-800-621-3362.