Here is the State Rent Assistance Program (SRAP) Waiting List is available for the elderly, families, homeless and disabled families. The enrollment period is Monday, July 11, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. until Monday, July 25, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
About the State of New Jersey Rental Assistance Program
The State of New Jersey Rental Assistance Program (SRAP) is one of a state-funded program that provides housing subsidies for decent, safe, and sanitary housing on behalf of very low-income residents of New Jersey. The person applying must meet all applicable SRAP income and eligibility requirements.
A total of 4,000 families are to be selected through a lottery system and will be placed on a waiting list.
You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to apply or be a free minor.
Only one (1) SRAP can pre-apply per household. Please note that only residents of New Jersey will be eligible to apply for SRAP assistance.
A New Jersey resident is defined as a person whose primary residence is in New Jersey and who must have lived in New Jersey for at least six months prior to applying for an SRAP assistance Application.
- Elderly: The age of the head of the household should be 62 years or more.
- Family: The head of the family is 18 years of age or a free minor; With or without children.
- Disabled: The head of the household or spouse must be permanently disabled.
- Homeless: A family that lacks a fixed, regular and adequate night’s stay
Categories & Number of SRAP-Pre-applications to be accepted
|Categories||Number of SRAP Pre-Applications to be Accepted|
How to Apply for State Rental Assistance Program- SRAP Application
SRAP pre-applications are available only online at its website “https://www.WaitlistCheck.com/NJ559” and complete the application process.
Note – SRAP pre-application submission does not guarantee placement on any SRAP waiting list; Only pre-applications selected through the lottery will be placed on a waiting list. One (1) SRAP pre-application will be accepted per county, per household. Duplicate pre-applications will be rejected. Paper pre-applications will not be distributed or accepted.
Step to Apply for SRAP Application NJ?
1. First of all, you need to visit go through the official application page – https://www.WaitlistCheck.com/NJ559
2. Scroll down and click on the “Get Started” button.
3. Then log in to your account using your Username and password. but if you are a first-time user click on the “Register “ button. enter all the details.
4. Once the registration process is completed, log in to your account and fill out the required details in the SRAP application NJ form. and submit it.
2022 State Rental Assistance Program Income Limit
|County||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
The open enrollment period is Monday, July 11, 2022, 9:00 a.m. through Friday, July 22, 2022, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. SRAP Pe-applications will be selected through a lottery process, so it doesn’t matter when you submit your pre-application, as long as you complete it during the open enrollment period. Every application successfully submitted during the open enrollment period has a chance to be selected during the lottery.
Read more – City of Santa Maria Business License Application