In Her Hands is a partnership between the Georgia Resilience and Opportunity (GRO) Fund and GiveDirectly, which plans to supply 650 black women in Georgia with $850 a month over the course of two years.
The project was initiated after a task force of community members investigated the root cause of economic insecurity and wealth inequalities. $13 million will be directed at his hands, hoping to address some of the highest income inequality in the country.
For more on this, The Takeaway spoke to Hope Volensack, executive director of the Georgia Resilience and Opportunity Fund and co-director of the In Her Hands Initiative.
Note: In Her Hands is a guaranteed income initiative focused directly on addressing the financial insecurity in the hands of women in Georgia. no strings attached.
Who is eligible?
- It has been announced to give this amount mainly to black women.
- Transgender women and non-binary persons are included in this initiative.
- Anyone who is 18 years of age or older must be eligible to apply for the program. (Must be 18 years of age as of 2nd May 2022)
- People must be permanent residents of Georgia.
How to apply for the in her Hands Program?
The Every ‘In her Hands program’ is one of the best programs available for 18-year-olds and transgender women and non-binary. However, in this program, there is no way for you to apply for it directly, but you can visit its official website ‘https://www.thegrofund.org/ihh-application’.
It is a program targeting a specific group of people in the population, and thus, they would need to receive an invitation to the program. After receiving the invitation, they will be informed of the process of application, in which the selected will have to submit an application.
- Urban air job application, Hiring Age and Requirements
- 3 squares vt printable application or Paper
- SYEP Application, Deadline and Check Status