Blueroof US Program: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has activated Operation Blue Roof in southwest Florida to provide cover to minimise further damage to property until permanent repairs are made. Those who are interested can apply for the Blueroof US application and learn how to sign up on Blueroof.us.
The service is completely free for homeowners in Lee, Charlotte, Sarasota, Collier and DeSoto counties. And the five counties are currently eligible.
The initial sign-up period for the application is set for 21 days. All eligible people can apply till October 23.
Operation Blue Roof protects all assets and reduces temporary housing costs. It also allows residents to stay in their homes while recovering from the storm.
Homes eligible for Operation Blue Roof include primary or permanent resident-occupied rental property with less than 50% structural damage, excluding vacation rental property.
All storm debris must be removed in order for the roof to be eligible, and flat, metal, clay, slate, or asbestos tile roofs will not qualify.
For more information, you can call 1-888-ROOF-BLU (888-766-3258). Or you can get information from the official website (BLUROOF.US).
What is Blue Roof Program?
Operation Blue Roof for the Federal Emergency Management Agency is a priority mission managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This blueroof programme serves as a free service for homeowners.
The Operation Blue Roof program aims to provide homeowners and permanently occupied rental properties in disaster areas with fibre-reinforced sheeting to cover their damaged roofs until arrangements are made for permanent repairs.
Operation Blue Roof protects property, reduces temporary housing costs, and allows all eligible people to stay in their homes while they recover from the storm.
The Right of Entry (ROE) is a legal document that allows U.S. Army Corps employees to access your property and assess damage to your home. In addition, ROE also allows contract workers to work on your roof.
There is no cost associated with the Blue Roof Program If anyone is attempting to charge or bribe for services under this program, you may contact the FEMA Disaster Fraud Hotline at 1-866-720-5721.
Eligibility for Operation Blue Roof Application
Make sure you meet these to qualify for the Blue Roof program application.
- The home must be the primary residence of the person or family requesting emergency roof cover.
- The house must not have damaged more than 50% of the roof framing, and the framing must be capable of supporting plastic sheeting as a temporary repair and providing safe shelter after contractors have installed the tarp.
- The resident must certify that he is the owner of the accommodation requested to be covered, or that he is a tenant who has obtained legal permission to continue to occupy the residence until more permanent repairs are made.
- A resident certifies that they will take shelter in the residence they have requested to cover.
- The roof should be made of standard roofing shingles or a similar material that will allow contractors to nail the tarp in place.
What is the Application Requirement?
1. Your personal information (First name, last name, email address, phone number, address, pin code etc )
2. A photo of the front of your property and the damaged roof has been taken from ground level. This will help the employee get to the right place for temporary repairs.
3. Make sure you are applying for flat roofing.
4. The roofing material used is clay as slate or asbestos does not apply to the material.
5. Only five areas will be eligible for temporary roofing assistance, which includes:
- Charlotte County
- Collier County
- DeSoto County
- Lee County
- Sarasota County
How to Apply for Blue Roof US Application?
You must complete the sign-up process to apply for the Blueroof US application. We have mentioned the Blueroof.us sign-up process. By doing this, you can proceed to the Blue roof US application.
To Sign-Up for Operation Blue Roof, you need to follow the given steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website Blueroof.us
You need to visit an official website (Blueroof.us) to complete the application process.
Step 2: Click on the Signup button
Click on the Signup option to qualify for the operation blue roof program.
Step 3: Check you are eligible
- Make sure the following areas (Charlotte County, Collier County, DeSoto County, Lee County, and Sarasota County) are eligible for temporary roofing assistance:
- Select Proceed from the Dropdown.
Step 4: Enter Pin Number
Please enter 4 digit PIN to verify your identity and get help to check the status and notification.
Step 5: Answer the required question
You need to enter all the answers to the questions, which are required in the Blue Roof application form.
- Is the property used as a primary residence?
- Is the property a time-share?
- Are you the owner of the property?
- Will you or your tenant be living after the repairs are made?
- Is the roof of the property made of any type of tile or slate material or is the roof flat?
- Is over half (50%) of the roof deck still in place?
- Is there any debris on the roof or any debris preventing access to the structure? and so on.
Step 6: Enter Applicant Information
You need to enter the applicant information such as:
- First Name
- Last Name
- County or Parish
- Residence Description
- Primary Phone
- Primary Email
- Do you wish to receive a copy of your application by mail?
Step 7: Upload your Photo
If available, please upload a photo of the front of your property and the damaged roof taken from the ground level.
Step 8: Right of Entry Agreement
Must read the privacy statement details and Add the right of entry assessment as Proceed.
Step 9: Click on Submit Button.
How to check the Blueroof US application status?
To check the Blueroof US application status, you need to use your Customer Reference Number. Your customer reference number is provided during your initial sign-up.
If you have any questions or comments or do not know your customer reference number, you may reach out to their call centre by calling the number below (888-766-3258).
FAQs – BlueRoof US Application
What are the Deadlines?
The last date to apply for the Blue Roof Application Program is October 23, 2022. If you are eligible for this program, Please fill in the application form on time.
So you understand how you can apply for the Blue Roof US application. For this, you have to complete the signup process on the Blueroof.us website. Keep in mind that it is necessary to be eligible to apply. You can apply till October 23.
For similar information, you can follow techonroid.com on Telegram, Facebook, and YouTube.