What is Canada Visitor Visa?
Canada Visitor Visa is a temporary resident visa for Canada that allows people to visit Canada for tourism or holidays in Canada, to visit family and for other purposes.
Canada Tourist Visa allows you to visit Canada’s port of entry and ask permission to enter the country. Border Patrol officers are the ones who are allowed to grant or deny you entry depending on your documents and your situation.
If you have been issued a visitor visa to Canada and the authorities find that you have no criminal intent, you are allowed to pass through the port of entry and begin your vacation or family visit in Canada.
Generally, there are 4 types of Canadian visitor visas to follow.
- Temporary resident visa
- study permit
- work permit
- permanent resident travel document
Eligibility Requirements for Canada Visitor Visa
The visa requirements for Canada Tourist Visa are:
- a valid passport
- proof of good health
- No criminal history or immigration-related convictions
- Proof that you intend to return to your home country (providing that you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family)
- Proof of funds to sustain you during your stay
- The expected period of your stay and temporary residence
Documentation for a Canada Tourist Visa
There is some required documentation for Applying Canada Tourist or Visitor Visa Online application.
- You need to a valid passport with an expiry date of more than 6 months
- Documents to prove your relationship with your country
- You must 2 recent passport size photographs with no white background
- The photograph should not be more than 90 days old
- Affidavit or invitation letter from your relatives if you are planning to live with them
- medical clearance certificate
- Photocopy of your return ticket and/or itinerary
- Any additional documents required by the local visa office
- Bank statement to prove that you have sufficient funds to live in Canada for a period of time.
How to Apply Online for Canada Visitor Visa?
To apply for a Canadian visitor visa online you must follow the steps below to complete your visitor visa application online.
Step 1: First of all, check if you are eligible to travel to Canada. If you are eligible then proceed. Click on the link
Step 2: Provide all required documents that show that you meet the Canada Visitor Visa criteria.
Step 3: You have to select ‘Get detailed instructions for your position’ in the following list and click on the ‘Get directions’ option.
Step 4: After selecting the position in the list you will be redirected to the page related to the application. There you have to click on “Yes”.
Step 5: You need to apply for Visitor Visa through IRCC Portal, Click on the button “How to Apply for Visitor Visa through IRCC Portal” button below.
Step 6: Now you need to “Create your account on the IRCC portal” and sign in with your login credentials. If you already have your account then you need to sign in.
Step 7: After that, you have to complete the online form and upload your required documents.
Note: If applicable only upload proof of vaccination to ArivacanApp (you do not need to upload it along with your application).
Step 8: Once you complete the application, you will need to pay with credit cards and prepaid cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB and UnionPay.
Single Entry Fee: CAD 100
Multiple-entry fee: CAD 100
Step 9: After that submit your application for Canada Visitor Visa.