Today we are going to tell your How to apply for Cera Application Online, and how to check your status, timing and deadlines, eligibility requirements, and Login process. if you are eligible for the CERA application, you need to apply before the end of the Deadline. read the full article.
What is COVID Emergency Rental Assistance?
The COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) Program is designed to place Michigan residents who have fallen behind on rent and/or utilities in their homes during COVID-19. Some tenants may be eligible for additional rental assistance of up to three months, subject to the availability of funds.
This application is only for tenants who have received assistance from CERA once before, if you have never been assisted by CERA, please complete the CERA Tenant Application for Initial Assistance.
How to Apply for Cera application Online?
To apply for Cera application online, the given step has to be followed. And keep your eligibility requirements and necessary documents ready.
Step 1: First of all you have to go to the CERA application Michigan website (https://ceraapp.michigan.gov/). You can follow the given link.
Step 2: Then click on the ‘Apply Now Button. you will be redirected to the New assistant page.
Step 3: After that in the ‘New Eviction Prevention Application’ section all the details have to be filled in. and click on the ‘next’ button.
Step 4: Now enter your Required Address such as house number, city, unit, zip code, country and others. then click on the ‘Next ‘ button.
Step 5: After proceeding with the application, your Tenant’s email address and Landlord’s email address will have to be verified with the verification link received. now you need to click on the ‘Authenticate page/ Begin App’ option.
Step 6: Now open your Email
- You have to open your email, and there you will get the verification link of MSHDA, the Cera Number and your access code. Verify by clicking on the link below.
Step 7: After verifying, you have to fill in all the required details in your CERA application. The application has to be completed.
Cera application eligibility criteria
– CERA serves tenant households whose income is less than 80% of the area average income (AMI) and meets the following conditions:
– The person in the household has borne the burden of unemployment benefits or has experienced other financial hardship, directly or indirectly, due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
– Individuals in the home may exhibit a risk of becoming homeless or experiencing housing instability due to past living on rent.
Documents Required For Tenants
- State ID or Passport
- Income Documents: 2020 IRS 1040, Pay Stubs, Unemployment Letters or SSI Letters from the Last Two Months
- past due rent notices or utility bills
- copy of the current lease agreement
- Proof of COVID hardship: Medical bills, child care expenses, or other major family expenses during COVID-19
Documents Required for Landlords
- Signed, fully completed landlord application
- Copy of the lease (if a written lease was completed)
- Ledger showing tenant payment history in 2020 and 2021
How to check Cera application status
You can check your CERA Application status from its official website, (https://ceraapp.michigan.gov/. Follow the step to check your status.
Step 1: First of all, Go to the ‘https://ceraapp.michigan.gov/’ website.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Check App Status ‘ option.
Step 3: Enter your required details in blank fields and click on the submit button.
Step 4: After reviewing your application by an MSHDA caseworker for completeness.
Step 5: After review, you will check whether your application is approved or not.
FAQ – CERA Application Michigan
How much RENTAL ASSISTANCE is available?
1. AMI up to 50% – Rental assistance of up to 12 months
- Included within 12 months, 3 months can be used for future rent assistance
50-80% AMI- up to 10 months of rental assistance
- Included within 10 months, 3 months can be used for future rent assistance
Tenants can apply for an additional 3 months of rental assistance if needed for housing stability
How long does it take to get approved for CERA in Michigan?
As per HARA, it is determined that the tenant is eligible for CERA within 30 days of the pre-trial hearing. And the landlord receives full payment from the CERA program within 45 days of the pre-trial hearing.
How long does it take to get approved for rental assistance?
The time required to complete the signing and processing of lease and rental assistance paperwork varies, typically taking 3 to 6 weeks.
How can I get help with rent in Michigan?
You can get help with rent in Michigan at https://www.michigan.gov/
- Apply for Summer rising teacher application 2022, Job Requirements
- How to Apply for Elevations RTC application?
- Travel guides application 2023 Apply now, Eligibility Requirement
- Apply for Home 901 application & Check status, eligibility/Requirements