This article will guide you on how to apply for Cera Application Online, status, timing and deadlines, eligibility requirements, and the Login process. if you are eligible for the CERA application, you need to apply before the end of the Deadline.
With the delay, read the article below.
What is COVID Emergency Rental Assistance?
The COVID Emergency Rental Assistance (CERA) Program is designed for Michigan residents, who are affected by the COVID-19 crisis to rent and/or utilities in their homes. Some tenants may be eligible for additional rental assistance of up to three months, subject to the availability of funds.
The CERA application is available for tenants only who have received assistance from CERA once before. if individuals have never been assisted by CERA, please complete the CERA Tenant Application for Initial Assistance.
How to Apply for Cera Application Online?
Before applying the application please check out the eligibility requirements and necessary documents ready.
To apply for cera application online, you need to follow the simple steps below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the CERA application in Michigan. You can follow the given link. (https://ceraapp.michigan.gov/).
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Now” Button, and you will be redirected to the New assistant page.
Step 3: In New Eviction Prevention Application, fill in all the required details and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 4: Enter your Required Address such as house number, city, unit, zip code, country and others, and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step 5: After proceeding application, your Tenant’s email address and Landlord’s email address will have to be verified with the verification link received.
- now you need to click on the ‘Authenticate page/ Begin App’ option.
Step 6: Now open your Email
- In your registered email, you will get the verification link of MSHDA, the Cera Number and your access code.
- Click to Verify it
Step 7: Once you verify, fill in all the required details in your CERA application and submit it.
Note: CERA Application period closed on June 30, 2022
Cera application eligibility criteria
- CERA serves tenant households whose income is less than 80% of the area average income (AMI) and meets the following conditions:
- The person in the household has borne the burden of unemployment benefits or has experienced other financial hardship, directly or indirectly, due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
- Individuals in the home may exhibit a risk of becoming homeless or experiencing housing instability due to past living on rent.
Documents Required For Tenants
- State ID or Passport
- Income Documents: 2020 IRS 1040, Pay Stubs, Unemployment Letters or SSI Letters from the Last Two Months
- past due rent notices or utility bills
- copy of the current lease agreement
- Proof of COVID hardship: Medical bills, child care expenses, or other major family expenses during COVID-19
Documents Required for Landlords
- Signed, fully completed landlord application
- Copy of the lease (if a written lease was completed)
- Ledger showing tenant payment history in 2020 and 2021
How to check Cera application status
Follow the simple step to check the CERA Application status from its official website:
Step 1: First of all, Go to the ‘https://ceraapp.michigan.gov/’ website.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Check App Status ‘ option.
Step 3: Enter the information below to check the status:
- Tenant Date of Birth
- Tenant Last Name
Step 4: Then Click on Submit Button.
FAQs – CERA Application Michigan
How long does it take to get approved for CERA in Michigan?
As per HARA, it is determined that the tenant is eligible for CERA within 30 days of the pre-trial hearing. And the landlord receives full payment from the CERA program within 45 days of the pre-trial hearing.
How long does it take to get approved for rental assistance?
The time required to complete the signing and processing of lease and rental assistance paperwork varies, typically taking 3 to 6 weeks.
How can I get help with rent in Michigan?
You can get help with rent in Michigan from its official website https://www.michigan.gov/ and its customer service +1 855-646-7432.