Through this post, I am going to tell you about the city of chicago gas card application. if you are searching for how to apply for free gas or Ventra card offered through the City of Chicago. then you on the right place.
What is Chicago moves gas card?
All city residents can enter a lottery for a chance to win a prepaid card worth $150 for gas or $50 for Ventra. And while applying, you must decide whether you are entering for a gas card or a Ventra transit card. The city will provide up to 50,000 gas cards and 100,000 Ventra cards.
Entering the gas card lottery must be a Chicago motorist, 18 years of age or older, valid city sticker and a maximum household income of 100% of the area’s median income – $93,200 for a family of four.
Ventra lottery entrants do not have to be a motorist or have a city sticker, but they must be 18 years of age or older and a Chicago City resident who meets the income requirement.
Chicago moves gas cards application Requirements/ Eligibility
To be eligible for the Chicago Gas Card application applicants must have the following requirements.
- Must be a Chicago resident.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and above.
- Have a current and valid city sticker with correct mailing information for the vehicle (required for gas card applicants only)
- Have a household income of 100% or less of the area’s median income for Chicago
|Area Median Income by Household Size|
3 Ways to Apply for Chicago Moves gas card Application
There are three-way to apply for city of Chicago gas card application, you must read the methods below
- Online: Apply for Chicago moves gas cards application form online at chicago.gov/ChicagoMoves.
- IN-PERSON: You may also apply in person at a branch of the Chicago Public Library – at any Chicago Public Library Location
- Apply by Mail a PDF form of the application to:
ATTN: Dept. of Finance: Chicago Moves, 121 N. LaSalle St., 7th Floor, Chicago, IL 60602.
How to Apply for Chicago moves gas cards application?
Here are the step to apply for Chicago moves gas card application online, you must follow the step below.
Step 1: First of all, Visit the official website of chicago.gov/ChicagoMoves.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility first, then Choose your Assistant Details such as Gas Card and Transit Card.
- if you want to apply for the gas card then select the Gas card option. otherwise, for transit cards select the second option.
Step 3: I prefer my card – Choose the Mailed to Me (Recommended Option)
Note: You will need to bring a valid ID if you have been selected and have opted to take your card in person. This can be a driver’s license, state ID, Citikey card or passport. If selected, you will be notified by email of when/how to collect your card.
Step 4: Enter your ‘City Sticker Number’ and ‘License Plate Number’ in the Required box.
Step 5: In Applicant Information
- Enter all the Application personal details such as First name, Last name, Date of Birth, Email Address.
Step 6: In Primary Residence Address
- Enter all Required residence addresses like –
- Number *
- Direction *
- Select Direction
- Street Name *
- Zip Code
- Community area
Step 7: in Household Information
- Enter household details like Household Size and Total Gross Household Income in the blank Box.
- Click on the ‘Submit ‘ button.
How to get your card?
- Transit cards are sent to the address provided in your initial application. From there you will get your card.
- The gas card is sent to the current address on file for your vehicle’s city sticker number.
- The card may be made available at City Hall to collect, if necessary, you may have indicated this preference on your initial application.
Chicago moves gas cards application form pdf Download – Link
Chicago city council’s website – https://webapps4.chicago.gov/eforms/chicagomovesapplication
I hope you like this information, you must share this post with your friends and needy, you can follow us for more details.