A company called Duquesne Light partnered with the Dollar Energy Fund to provide assistance to limited-income families through grants of up to $2,000. From October 1 to February 28, the Dollar Energy Fund offers grants for customers whose service is down or in danger of termination. From March 1 to September 30, Dollar Energy Fund is open to all eligible customers, regardless of their service status. Residential customers will be eligible to receive two grants per calendar year.
An additional $1 million was contributed by DLC shareholders to help customers manage energy-related difficulties. With increased income guidelines encourage customers to seek help, even if they haven’t been eligible in the past.
What is Dollar Energy Fund?
Dollar Energy Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for families facing difficulties by providing utility support and other services that lead to self-sufficiency. For more than 39 years, we have extended our service to the limited-income community by providing $234 million in utility assistance grants to more than 775,000 limited-income families and individuals.
Dollar energy fund hardship program
Dollar Energy Fund’s Pennsylvania Hardship Program provides one-time grants-in-aid that apply directly to household utility bills with the intended income. Here funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis and eligibility requirements vary depending on the utility company. Program guidelines and eligibility requirements are subject to change.
How do I apply for the dollar energy fund?
Customers of all utility partners may complete some or all of their hardship program applications online through Dollar Energy Fund’s MyApp portal. If you are a customer of AEP Ohio, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, FirstEnergy (Met-Aid, Penelec, Penn Power, West Penn Power), the Metropolitan Utilities District, Omaha Public Power District, Pacific Gas & Electric, or Peoples, on our MyApp Go.
To apply for the Dollar Energy fund Application, you must follow the given application process.
Step 1: First of all, you need to visit the Official website of the dollar energy fund Page – https://www.dollarenergy.org/myapp/ (Click Here)
Step 2: After that, click on the “Get Started” Button.
Step 3: Then you will be Reached on the Dollar Energy fund application form (https://www.hardshiptools.org/myapp/Apply.aspx).
Step 4: Now You need to Enter all the Basic Information in the required blank fields.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address The email address that you enter must be correct or we will not be able to assist you through MyApp.
- Utility Company
- Account Number
- Monthly Income
- Household Size
- Has COVID-19 affected the Household income?
Step 5: After that, click on the “Next” button.
Step 6: You need to Provide the Required Income details and Others in the application.
Step 7: Once you fill out the form, submit the Application form.
Dollar energy fund eligibility & Requirements
Here are the dollar energy fund requirements and eligibility Criteria are Mentioned below.
- Provide the applicant with proof of your monthly household income (federal income guidelines apply).
- Customers earning 150% or less of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines must apply for LIHEAP prior to submitting an application for the Dollar Energy Fund.
- Must have paid at least $50 towards your electricity bill within 90 days from the date you applied for the grant. You will need to provide proof of payment.
- Minimum balance requirement – You must have at least a $100 balance on your utility bill.
- Senior citizens—62 years and older—may have a $0 balance (not eligible for assistance if they have any existing credits in their account).
- Provide social security numbers of all the members of your household.
- Your account should be a residential account, single house or apartment
- You must be an adult currently living in the household.
Dollar energy income guidelines 2022
|No. In Household||Monthly Income (Gross)||Yearly Income (Gross)|
How to Check Dollar Energy Fund application status?
To check the status of the Dollar Energy Fund application by email and phone number. otherwise, you can check the status from its dashboard when the feature is available. At present, no exact solution has been found to check the Dollar Energy Fund application status.
Dollar energy fund phone number
The phone number is ( +1 800-683-7036). you can easily contact me for any query regarding application, status and others.
Dollar Energy Fund, Inc.
P.O. Box 42329
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-0329
Utility Assistance: (800) 683-7036
Administrative: (412) 431-2800
Fax: (412) 431-2084