NJ Anchor property tax relief program 2022: – ANCHOR Program Replaces Homestead Rebate, ANCHOR Property Tax Relief Program has taken its next step as the state begins to send mail out the NJ anchor program application process to all eligible residents.
To be eligible for this anchor program, landlords and renters must have occupied their primary residence on October 1, 2019, and file or receive an exemption from New Jersey income taxes.
There are three eligibility brackets available for this program and The benefits are expected to be paid by May 2023.
- More than 870,000 homeowners earning up to $150,000 will receive $1,500 in relief.
- More than 290,000 homeowners earning between $150,000 and 250,000 will receive $1,000;
- And more than 900,000 renters with incomes up to $150,000 will receive up to $450 to help offset rent increases.
“Murphy also said that the ANCHOR program will help provide the Real, Tangible property tax relief to both applicants homeowners and renters. This is a historic steps toward making New Jersey a more affordable state.”
“Working closely with the President and Speaker of the Senate, we were able to fully fund the program in its first year, allowing us to provide direct relief to more than 1 million landlords and 900,000 renters.”
“We are providing homeowners and renters a record level of tax relief that will help reduce the burden of property taxes,” said Senate President Nick Scutari. “Aid reaches residents directly, helping to make their lives more affordable.”
D-19th District Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin says that “with discounts of up to $1,500 for homeowners and $450 for renters, we’ve prioritized tax relief to help two million families get money back in their pockets.”
Who is eligible for the Anchor program?
To be eligible for the anchor, the program is different for the homeowners and Tenants. you must check the eligibility requirement before applying to the New Jersey ANCHOR Program.
Eligibility for Homeowners
You are eligible if you meet all of these requirements:
- You were a resident of New Jersey.
- Owned and occupied a home in New Jersey that was your main residence (main home) as of October 1, 2019.
- 2019 property tax was paid on that house.
- Your 2019 New Jersey gross income was $250,000 or less.
- If you were not a homeowner as on October 1, 2019, you would not be eligible for homeowner benefits, even if you owned the home for some time of the year.
Eligibility for Tenants
To be eligible for 2019 ANCHOR benefits, if you meet these requirements:
- You were a citizen of New Jersey and Your 2019 New Jersey gross income did not exceed $150,000.
- You rented and occupied a residence in New Jersey, which was your principal residence (main home) as of October 1, 2019.
- Your name was on the lease or rental agreement.
- You paid the rent also.
- If there are multiple units in the building, your unit had its own separate kitchen and bath facilities.
- The rental property was subject to local property taxes, (see Qualified and Non-qualified Rental Properties).
For more information go to the official website (https://www.nj.gov/treasury/taxation/anchor/index.shtml) to check eligibility requirements and fill out the application.
NJ Anchor program application
All eligible homeowners can apply online, by phone (1-877-658-2972), or through a paper application.
Renters can also apply online or download the application and return it by post.
The deadline to file the NJ anchor program application is till December 30, 2022. For more information, you can visit its official website, or call the anchor hotline at 1-888-238-1233.
How to apply for ANCHOR property tax relief?
Step 1: To apply for the NJ Anchor program tax relief, go through this link.
Step 2: You will be redirected to the Anchor Benefit online filing page.
Step 3: Select the answer to the following question and choose to continue. In which you were the Homeowner or Tenant on 1 October 2019.
Step 4: If you are a homeowner, you need to enter Enter your identification number and PIN, and click to submit button.
Step 5: If You are Tenant, you need to enter the required information in the form and complete it.
How to check the Status of your 2019 ANCHOR Benefit?
You can check the New jersey anchor program application status by Online and phone number.
- To check your online status, you can go through this link – https://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_Saver/jsp/common/HRInquiry.jsp
- By phone number – you can call this number at 1-877-658-2972 (toll-free within NJ, NY, PA, DE, and MD) and information about your status.
Read more – How to Apply for CPS volunteer application