What is Sentri Application?
The Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) is a U.S. Participants will be able to easily enter the United States by using dedicated primary lanes in the United States at southern land border ports.
Passengers must be pre-approved for the SENTRI program. All applicants undergo a rigorous background check and personal interview before enrolment.
Sentri Application Requirements or Eligibility
Let us tell you that here, there is no citizenship or age requirement for the Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) membership. But if you are under the age of 18, you must have the consent of your parent or legal guardian to participate in this program.
You may not be eligible to participate in the SENTRI program if you do not match all of the requirements below.
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application.
Has been convicted of any criminal offense or has pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence).
- have been found to be in breach of any customs, immigration or agricultural regulations or laws in any country.
- Whether the subject of an ongoing investigation by a federal, state or local law enforcement agency.
- Refused to purchase a firearm.
- Have received a criminal pardon from any country.
- Those are unacceptable to the United States under immigration rules, including applicants with an accepted exemption of denial or parole documentation.
- CBP may not satisfy your low-risk situation.
What are Fees for Sentri Application?
Application Fee: $25.00 per person or a maximum of $50.00 for husband, wife and minor child
Fingerprint Fee: $14.00 (applicants 14 years of age and older)
System cost fee: $82.75 per person or a maximum of $165.50 for husband, wife and minor children.
Total fee: $122.25 per person.
Although individuals excluded or removed from the program will no longer be able to use these accelerated lanes, other cross-border options still exist.
How to Apply For Sentri Application?
Step 1: First of all, go to the Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) website [https://ttp.dhs.gov] and create your account using all the required details.
Step 2: Log in to your TTP account and complete the application, with each completed application requiring a non-refundable fee.
Step 3: After accepting your completed application and fee, CBP reviews your application. If your application is conditionally approved, your TTP account directs you to schedule an interview at a SENTRI Enrollment Center. Each applicant should schedule a separate interview.
Step 4: In Interview
- You will need to bring your valid passport and identification like a driving license or ID card for the interview.
- If you are a lawful permanent resident, you will need to present your permanent resident card.
- In addition, proof of vehicle registration and the United States automobile insurance by a company authorized to write automobile insurance in the United States is required.
Benefits of Sentri Application
- Using specialised processing lanes at land border crossings in the south.
- When entering the United States by land from Canada, use the NEXUS lane.
- When flying into the United States, use the Global Entry Kiosk.
*Note: If you are a SENTRI member who is a Mexican citizen, you must apply for Global Entry through your Trusted Traveler Program account.
Sentri Application Documents
- proof of citizenship
- Passport (required for global entry)
- Proof that you are allowed to enter the United States
- Permanent Resident Card (if you are a lawful permanent resident of the United States of America).
- Note: This card must have a machine-readable area if you are applying for Global Entry.
- valid driver’s license
- Proof that you live at the address provided for your current address
SENTRI Enrollment Center
There are sentri enrollment centers are available.
How long does it take to get approved for SENTRI?
Your initial application only requires about 20 to 30 minutes. But conditional application approval will take up to 6 weeks. And the interview booking time period can be weeks or months. SENTRI passes are valid for 5 years from the date of issue, before they have to be renewed.