SASSA urges SRD R350 grant customers to re-enforce an automatic continuation
Mpumalanga South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) urges all R350 grant beneficiaries to reapply for the Social Relief of the R350 COVID-19 Crisis Grant. SASSA Mpumalanga has issued a statement after the Customer Service Unit has got several inquiries from the beneficiaries that the customers assumed that they will automatically include the payment cycle of April 2022- to March 2023.
Here new rules have been published by the DSD minister for a new application in a new normal era by repealing the era of regulation of disaster terms and conditions.
Those who are re-registering on the website and unable to apply. then they should use WhatsApp number 082 046 8553.
Beneficiaries who have already reapplied on the website: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They should not make multiple applications.
Note: Applicants should ensure that their personal details are correctly captured, and refrain from donating personal details to scammers. If they opt for the cellphone payment option, they should first RICA their cellphone numbers to avoid disqualification or rejection of the application.
How to Apply for SRD grant application
- First of all, visit the official website of https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- Then Scroll down and choose the ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ section.
- After that, click on the yellow button which says ‘Click here to apply online‘.
- Then Enter your mobile number in the required fields.
- After that click the “Send SMS” button.
- Now enter the OTP that Sassa has sent to the number and verify it.
- Finally, continue the application process by filling in the steps required by Sassa.
Required details to fill in the application.
- Identification number or Department of Home Affairs refugee permit number
- Name and surname as recorded in the identity document
- gender and disability
- Contact Details – Cell Phone Number
- Home Address
How to apply for the SRD grant on WhatsApp?
- First of all, Add and save this mobile number 082 046 8553 as a contact on your phone
- Then open your WhatsApp and send a message saying ‘Hi’ to this number
- You will then get a response and then you should respond by saying ‘Help’
- You will be given various options, answer by saying ‘4’
- This will take you to the third stage message to which you should reply ‘SRD’
- Then you have to confirm whether you are applying for yourself or someone else
- Now the actual application starts and you have to submit your name, surname and ID number in the message.
- You will then receive a message on WhatsApp informing you of the next steps.
Note: In order to access or be considered for your SRD grant application, the applicant will need to consent to SASA to verify their identity, residency, income or Social Security benefits. Applicants also have to accept the declaration and consent.
How to check SRD Grant Application Status?
- To check the SRD Grant application status, you need to visit this website- https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status
- After that, enter the south Africa id number of the applicant and phone number.
- then click on the Submit button.