If you are a resident of the United States then you must know about the SYEP (Summer Youth Employment Program). It ranks as one of the biggest employment programs in the country that provides various paid opportunities to the youth in the age group of 14 to 24.
With the help of the SYEP program, applicants can also explore different career opportunities simultaneously. There are two types of proposals available to choose from, Structured Task Format and Task-Based Option. If any of you want to join this program then you will be better prepared for the future. Here you have been given a complete guide to applying for Syeb.
What is the SYEP Application Eligibility
- Must be youth in the age group of 14 to 24 years.
- Must be a resident of one of five NYC boroughs
- Must be legally allowed to work in the US.
SYEP Application Requirements /Documents
A US passport or NYS driver/non-driver’s license may be accepted meeting the following categories of requirements: (Younger Youth (YY) 14-15 Years Old)
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Employment Authorization
- Social Security Card
- Report card (dated within the last 6months)
- Official school transcript
- NYS Driver’s/Nondriver’s License
- Birth Certificate
- Benefit Card
- NYS Driver/Non-Driver’s License
- Permanent Resident or Alien Registration Card
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Home Utility Bill (ex: cable, internet,
- phone, gas, electric, water)
- Current Lease, Mortgage, Deed, Rent Bill
- Official Mail from a Federal, Stateor City
- Agency (ex: IRS, NYCHA, transcript from a
- Secondaryor Higher EducationInstitution)
- Bankor Credit Card Statement
- Proof of Disability: Official documentation
- as applicable certifying disability from a
- physician, ACS, HRA, School (IEP from
- school), Social Service agency or
- authorized entity on letterhead.
How to Check SYEP application status?
To check the status of syep application, you will need the Application ID received on the email. To do this you have to follow the given steps.
- First of all, visit the official status page – https://application.nycsyep.com/Pages/StatusLogin.aspx
- Then Enter the Application ID and click on the Status Button.
How to Apply for SYEP application online?
To apply for the 2022 Summer Youth Employment Program application, you must meet the eligibility requirements.
- Visit its official website www.nyc.gov/dycd and follow the link to fill online application or download a paper copy.
- Paper applications can be obtained from any of the community-based organizations or providers that run the program. A complete list of authorized SYEP providers can be found on the DYCD website (www.nyc.gov./dycd).
- The provider of their choice must submit a complete paper application before the application deadline.
- Youth can also be recruited for special programming directly by SYEP
How do I apply for SYEP? -second method
You need to go to ‘www.orangecountygov.com/eta‘ and click on Summer Youth Application 2022. You can download and print a copy of the application, complete it, and mail it to:
Orange County Employment & Training Administration
18 Seward Ave, 1st Floor
Middletown, NY 10940
Attn: Michael Raymond
- Or email it to email@example.com
- Or fax it to (845) 360-9303
SYEP Application PDF Download Link
What is the SYEP application deadline?
The last date for submission of the syep application was 5/6/2022. No further applications can be submitted.